HRM619 Project Proposal Performance Appraisal practices and Job Satisfaction
Performance Appraisal practices and Job Satisfaction
Success of any organization depends upon the performance of its employees. Since last few decades the employers of the organizations focusing on this issue. They founded the solution of the problems which occur in the job satisfaction of the employees but still need to search more. Banking sector is one of the most important sectors of Pakistan. Selection of right person for the right job and then getting the desired output is the main theme of human resource management. This is depending on job satisfaction of the employees because if they are satisfied with their jobs then they can perform well and give proper benefits to the organizations. For the satisfaction of the employees about their jobs the main thing is performance appraisal.
If they are sure about their incentives and promotions and other benefits then they will perform well. But unfortunately there is lack of these things. Job turnover ratio in organizations is on peak due to these problems. So there is need to search out the techniques through which the job satisfaction of the employees can be measured and can apply all those techniques for the development of the organization. So this research has conducted for this purpose. I have selected banking industry and select one public sector bank (National Bank of Pakistan) and one private sector bank (Standard Chartered Bank) for this research project as directed by the supervisor.
Relationship between Performance Appraisal practices and Job Satisfaction.
The concept of Human Resource management is very old. Job satisfaction is one of the most important part of HRM. This concept became very important and famous after industrial revolution in Europe. When the corporations came into existence then the need of the specialized employees was realized very much. Human beings are the most important resource of this world. Because all the activities should be undertaken by the humans. The most important issue of any organization is its trained and expert employees. Now a day every big organization has its own HR department for this special purpose. Satisfaction of the employees about his job is an important issue. Now we have to analyze that the issues and factors which affect the job satisfaction of employees. Following are the most important factors which are taken from literature review of relevant articles.
National Bank of Pakistan is one of the largest commercial bank operating in Pakistan. It has redefined its role and has moved from a public sector organization into a modern commercial bank. The Bank’s services are available to individuals, corporate entities and government. While it continues to act as trustee of public funds and as the agent to the State Bank of Pakistan (in places where SBP does not have presence). It has diversified its business portfolio and is today a major lead player in the debt equity market, corporate investment banking, retail and consumer banking, agricultural financing, treasury services and is showing growing interest in promoting and developing the country’s small and medium enterprises and at the same time fulfilling its social responsibilities, as a corporate citizen.
Standard Chartered is the largest and fastest growing International Bank in Pakistan. The Bank has been operating in Pakistan since 1863 when it first established its operations in Karachi. Standard Chartered now employees over 4,000 people and has a branch network of 132 branches across 29 cities in the country. Standard Chartered’s core businesses in Pakistan are in Consumer Banking and Wholesale Banking. Standard Chartered Pakistan is the first international bank to get an Islamic Banking license and to open the first Islamic Banking branch in Pakistan and has been given credit ratings of AAA/ A1+, the highest long-term rating assigned by PACRA to any private sector commercial bank.
- Ulrich, David & Wayne Brockbank. (2005) the HR Value Proposition: HarvardBusinessSchool Press.
- Charles J. Fombrun, Noel M. Tichy & Mary Anne Devanna. (1984) Strategic Human Resource Management: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Dr. Muhammad Anwar , Research Method (STA 630): Virtual University Of Pakistan.
- Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed , Human Resource Management (MGT 501) : Virtual university of Pakistan.
- Gogoi P (2005). A little bit of corporate soul. [Online]. Available. http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/apr2005/nf2005045_0314_db016.htm? ca. (Accessed 26 March 2010).
- GuestDE (2004). “Flexible employment contracts, the psychological contract and employee outcomes: an analysis and review of the evidence”. Int. J. Manage. Rev. 5/6 (1): 1 – 19.
- Hackman J, Oldham G (1980). Work Redesign”, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA.
- Hackman JR (1990). Groups That Work (and Those that Don’t). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
HRM619 Project Proposal Availability
HRM619 Project Proposal on Performance Appraisal and job satisfaction is available. You can get a copy of this proposal through email. (100 % approval Gurantee )
You may also like:
- HRM619 Project Proposal on Reasons of Job Burnout
- MGT619 Final Project reward on employee motivation at Abu Dhabi…
- MGT619 Assignment 04 Revised Proposal for Project 2020
- AIOU B.ED Research Project Writing Service
- MGT619 Final Project
- FIN619 Project Proposal on Banking Ratio Analysis 2018
- FIN619 Project Proposal
- Project on the factors which motivate the employees in Retail…