HRM619 Final Project Plagiarism Sensitisation Document
Academic integrity is extremely important and an integral part of coursework at the Virtual University of Pakistan. Plagiarism is a serious offence to academic integrity; it is
academic theft and dishonesty. It is essential that academic integrity procedures and
policies are respected and practiced at all times.
Plagiarism Sensitisation As a student of Virtual University
- Do share ideas with one another
- Do consult books, journals, magazines, internet sources as much as possible
- Do take care in downloading sources and taking notes
- Do use sources wisely and fairly
- Do take great care to distinguish your own ideas and knowledge from information derived from sources
- Do place quotations properly within quotation marks and cite them fully
- Do acknowledge paraphrased material completely
- Do expect to make mistakes managing and citing sources. Do expect to correct them
- Do learn the myriad rhetorical purposes that including and citing sources can serve
- Do have fun with sources, think of using them as weaving, building, playing with
- blocks, or any other metaphor that you associate with “taking what’s at hand and making something of it”
- Do discover an argument so you have a distinctive voice in your own
- assignment/paper, and are not overwhelmed and intimidated by sources
- Do develop and assert your own ideas and beliefs – to think for yourself. But at the same time do engage the thinking of others, to place your own writing within the context of academic discourse by using and criticizing arguments from that discourse
- Do use the word processor to help you manage sources (for example, put sources you are quoting or paraphrasing in a different font and font color until the final draft so you don’t accidentally forget they came from some other writer)
- Do observe the practice of careful record-keeping. Always write down the author, title and publication information (including the URL and other identifying information for web pages) so you can attach names and dates to specific ideas later while writing your assignment or paper.
- Do learn to like your writing; even when it is bad, hand it in any way, and know we will always find something to like about it.
- Do learn how to write in your own style. Writing is a valuable exercise that tests your ability to explain a topic.
- Do consult your instructor if you are in any doubt about the preparation of academic work before the work is prepared or submitted.
All of the following are considered plagiarism:
- Collusion without official approval between two or more students, with the result that identical, or near identical work, is presented by all those involved
- Copying another person’s work, including the work of another student (with or without their consent), and claiming or pretending it is your own
- Copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
- Failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
- Copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not
- Buying a paper, or turning in a paper written by someone else Paraphrasing someone else without giving credit
- Copying and pasting text from a web site without quotation marks and appropriate citation
HRM619 Final Project Academic Integrity Tutorials
The following is a list of useful websites providing online interactive tutorials on academic integrity. You will visit all of them to get familiar with plagiarism, citation, referencing, proper quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing etc. In most of the following websites quizzes and tests are given to check your understanding. Do attempt them. However, note that the academic integrity policy and rules given in the following websites do not apply to you. You are subjected to Virtual University Academic Integrity Policy.
There are numerous styles of citation and referencing, however, you are required to use
APA citation style in all your assignments and coursework at Virtual University. In the
following websites, focus on the APA style.
You may also like:
- MGT619 Final Project
- Project on the factors which motivate the employees in Retail…
- MGT619 Final Project reward on employee motivation at Abu Dhabi…
- FIN619 Project Proposal
- FIN619 Project on Liquidity and leverage Ratios’ Analysis
- FIN619 Project Proposal on Banking Ratio Analysis 2018
- AIOU B.ED Research Project Writing Service
- The Role of Gender Based Emotional Intelligence in Managing Stress