MS Assignment 3 Stat730 Advance Research Method Due Date 9 August 016. Marks 20
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of the assignment is to learn how to perform Linear Regression Analysis. By learning this technique, students will be able to practically learn how to conduct data analysis, test relationships between independent variables (IVs) and dependent variables (DVs) and it will eventually help in thesis writing.
Linear Regression Analysis is used as one of the most frequent data analysis tool in research. It is used to understand a phenomenon (DV) by using single or multiple IVs, thus we build a model for the phenomenon which may deem to be true or not. In its simplest form, regression analysis allows us to analyze relationships between independent and dependent variable/s with the power of prediction and may help in trend analysis. Various tests are employed to determine if the model is satisfactory. If the model is deemed satisfactory, then the estimated regression equation can be used to predict the value of the dependent variable by providing the values of independent variables.
Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis
To attempt this assignment you have to read two chapters and watch some demo videos which are provided in the following text. For practice purpose, data sets of the chapters are also provided. You are required to perform the data analysis in SPSS (any version can be used).
From the case data (Digoze) given below, you are required to answer the following questions:
- Is the model significant? 5 marks
- Value of R square and its interpretation. 5 marks
- Write the regression equation of significant predictors with explanation. 10 marks
A researcher wants to be able to predict the amount of a hormone “Digoze”, as an indicator of fitness and health. He observed 100 participants and performed the Digoze test, where he also recorded their “sugar level”, “daily walk”, “heart rate” and “weight”. The goal is to be able to predict Digoze based on these four attributes: sugar level, daily walk, heart rate and weight. Data set of Digoze can be downloaded from the following link.
STAT730 Assignment 3 Solution available
You may also like:
- HRM619,MGT619,MKT619 Project Research Proposal Writing
- Dare to Ask Mian Aamir Part 9 all about VU…
- MGT703-Strategic Management GDB No 1,2017
- STAT730 Advanced Research Methods Assignment #3 due date 6 Feb…
- Impact of Authentic leadership on Psychological Capital of Followers; Mediating…
- MGT619 comments dissertation research proposal Fall 2017
- MGT619 Final Project proposal Problem related to Objectives
- AIOU B.ED Research Project Writing Service