MGMT625 GDB 1 Spring Solution Tuesday, May 13, 2014
“Change is the only constant in the world.” Keeping in view the statement above, what are the implications of ‘Refreeze’ stage of Lewin’s Change Model? How can we certainly refreeze a change when change is ‘only constant’?
MGMT625 GDB 1 Spring Important Instructions:
- Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
- The GDB will open and close at above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
- Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
- Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
- Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
- Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
- You should post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
- Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
- You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
- Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.
- For planning your semester activities in an organized manner, you are advised to view schedule of upcoming Assignments, Quizzes and GDBs in the overview tab of the course website on VU-LMS.
Lewin called his initial model, the Three Step Model of Change. Essentially, Lewin’s model is focused around three vital and basic steps that will guarantee a simple move once changes happen.
MGMT625 GDB 1 Spring Solution
The primary objective of Lewin’s change model is to make the subordinates for all time embrace change while minimizing the conceivable negative impacts brought by their solid imperviousness to change. The three steps in Lewin’s change model are further talked about beneath.
Stage 1: Unfreezing
The unfreezing stage is the most urgent venture in Lewin’s procedure. In this stage, business supervisors ought to persuade their subordinates that the progressions in the working environment are gainful to all gatherings.
Characteristically, subordinates tend to connect themselves completely to strategies, practices and schedules that weren’t steady in any case. Chiefs bring up the imperfections and inefficiencies of the current circumstance. Accordingly, it will make the changes additionally engaging and attractive.
Stage 2: Transition
Transition is in itself the process of change. The stage of transition can be hard and tedious for both the manager and his subordinates – especially if the stage of unfreezing wasn’t successful or failed in some aspects.
In Lewis’ three step change model, the stage of transition is when the subordinates start to accept the changes. Subordinates identify the practices, the policies and the overall norm brought by the changes in the workplace.
Stage 3: Refreezing
The final stage in Lewins’ three stage change model is the stage of refreezing. In this stage, subordinates start to fully accept the changes in the workplace. Stability is the main concern under the stage of refreezing.
Supervisors ought to settle the circumstances and make an alternate, change-situated air. It is the phase where subordinates begin to reconnect themselves with the work environment including the progressions it parades.
You may also like:
- MGT619 comments dissertation research proposal Fall 2017
- AIOU B.ED Research Project Writing Service
- STAT730 Advanced Research Methods Assignment #3 due date 6 Feb…
- MGT619 Final Project proposal Problem related to Objectives
- Dare to Ask Mian Aamir Part 9 all about VU…
- Impact of Authentic leadership on Psychological Capital of Followers; Mediating…
- MGT703-Strategic Management GDB No 1,2017
- HRM619,MGT619,MKT619 Project Research Proposal Writing