A project proposal is a document that presents a plan for a project to reviewers for evaluation. It is actually a road map showing clearly the location from where a journey begins; the method of getting there and the destination to be reached at. The purpose of the project proposal is to:
- Present the issue to be researched and its importance.
- Give an idea to instructor about how you will proceed in project.
- Suggest the data necessary for solving the problem and how the data will
- be gathered, analyzed and interpreted.
A proposal is also known as a work plan, prospectus, and outline, statement of intent or draft plan. It tells us:
- What will be done?
- Why it will be done?
- How it will be done?
- Where it will be done?
- For whom it will be done?
- What is the benefit of doing it?
FIN619 Format of Proposal for Project
Title page: It should include:
- The topic
- Name & ID of the student
- Name of the University
- University Logo
- Date of Submission
Table of Contents: List the important headings and sub-headings used in the project proposal with page numbers.
1. Introduction of the Project: It should include:
- Introductory paragraphs for selected organizations from the same sector/industry
- Description about the project topic i.e. what this project is all about?
- Financial period under consideration for analysis (mention the most recent years of which financial statements you will use)
The objective of a certain research summarizes what to be achieved by the study. Student should consider following points on stating research objectives:
- These should state the purpose of the project
- These must be based on logical facts and figures
- These must be achievable within a specified timeframe and parameters These objectives should be presented such that these should facilitate the reader to locate various important points in the research work
- The specified objectives should be clearly phrased in operational terms i.e. what you are going to do, where and for what purpose
- At the end of the study, objectives must be assessed to see if they have been met/achieved or not
Chapter No 2: Project Proceedings
It should include expected project sections, parts, main headings or outline of the final project. Detailed description of expected project sections and parts is not required. Students are advised to explore relevant topic’s project format file (available in downloads link) for this chapter.
Bibliography is a list of source materials on a particular subject. In a formal report, it includes books and other library materials which have been consulted in the preparation of the project. As a part of the reference matter, it follows the appendices.
The APA formatting guidelines for the references citation are given in the lecture # 23 of the Book “Business Research (A skill building approach) First published 2012 by Mian aamir”. You must review and watch video lecture # 45 of STA 630 for your better understanding. It is advised to explore downloads link of this project course where APA guidelines file is also available.